What is hidden in your fuel
- Road diesel & gasoil now contains a percentage of bio-fuel up to 7% this providers an ideal breeding ground for diesel and gasoil bugs.
- Equipment is failing due to bugs in these modern fuel types. Problems with contaminated fuel inside storage tanks is causing pump and vehicle filters to block, In server cases, vehicles have stopped working causing downtime and hefty repair bills.
- These issues are caused by microbial contamination often known as diesel bugs which are micro organisms that grow on water present in fuel. This problem has been known but contained for years until the age of the latest fuels.
- The tank becomes an incubator as the variation of temperature, condensation & the added percentage of bio-fuel which attracts water as it is hygroscopic helps these bugs to survive.
- Bio-fuels can contain up to 25 times more water than mineral diesel, increasing the risk of serious and expensive damage to fuel injection systems.
Fuel Tank Hygiene – Tank Hygiene is important and is an on going requirement.
- Regularly check for the presence of water.
- Inspect your tank, checking for points of water ingress.
- Bottom out your tank to remove any free water and sludge.
- Have your fuel tested regularly for microbes
- Fit a fuel conditioner to your suction or vehicle fuel lines.
- Fit a water and particle filter to your storage tanks.
- Use tank dryers in fuel stores and vehicle tanks when not in use.